Monday 9 March 2015

'I Am' Poems

Here are some 'I Am' poems we have been working on in class. Who in Room 5 do you think they may be?


I AM

I am a person who loves Labradors.
I hear a bunch of silly people talking out loud.
I see 26 people talking.
I want a trove of chocolate.
I am a spy with mind blowing speed.


I pretend I am a wizard who looks muscly.
I feel I want to be an amazing All Black like Ben Smith.

I touch the rugby ball when I play rugby, to score a try.
I worry about clowns when they come towards me.

I cry when my life is over.
I am an amazing sportsman.
 

I understand we need sunlight to let our plants grow.
I say don’t be silly.

I dream about being a professional sprinter.
I try lots of different sports.

I hope I become an All Black.
I am a man who made it into Eastern for 60m, 100m, long jump and relays.


I AM

I am brave at night. I am brave at all times.
I wonder where the sun goes at night.

I hear the thunder on a rainy day.
I see all the wonderful clouds in the sky.
I want to be the first person to swim the deepest river.

I am a pet lover, I have two dogs and four cats.


I pretend I am a fairy with pretty gowns.
I feel happy all the time when I am with family.

I touch the rainbow in the sky after rain.
I worry that when it is a storm I get scared of the thunder.

I cry when someone in my family is sad.
I am a good girl when I help my family.


I understand that flowers take a long time to grow.
I say nice things and don’t make people cry.

I dream about me being the Queen Of A Land.

I try to be a princess but I don’t have a crown.
I hope one day I can be an artist.

I am wonderful in all kinds of ways.
 
I AM
I am a fashion designer who loves art.
I wonder what my job is going to be when I am older.
I hear people chatting amongst themselves.
I see animals leaping and having fun in the paddocks on my farm.
I want to be a famous artist when I am older.
I am an amazing singer.
 
I pretend I am a princess in a castle having a tea party in England.
I feel like a pack of hyenas laughing about jokes.
I touch things I am allowed to touch like my toys.
I worry about my bad dreams at night time.
I cry when I am badly hurt or sore.
I am as tall as a horse reaching for the stars.

 
I understand how to be good wherever I am.
I say I am amazing at everything I do.
I dream of being a famous fashion designer.
I try to do the best I can do in school and out of school.
I hope I get to be a fashion designer when I am older.
I am a very talented person that loves dancing and singing when I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment